- Botanical Name:
- Morinda citrifolia
- Common Names:
- Noni Indian Mulberry, Mengkudu, Nono, Nhau, Ashyuka.
- See Also:
- - Analgesic - Antirheumatic - Antiscorbutic - Febrifuge - Immunostimulant - Vulnerary - Hypotensive - Cathartic - Antiparasite
- lignans, oligo- and polysaccharides, flavonoids, iridoids, fatty acids, scopoletin, catechin, beta-sitosterol, damnacanthal, and alkaloids
- Noni juice, and powder is far from a new fad,, the fruit and other parts of the tree have been used in Ayuverdic medicine and by traditional Polynesian healers for centuries.
- Noni Preparation
- Parts Used: Pulp, juice - The powder taken in capsule form, the fresh juice is enjoyed locally.
"Kitchen Medicine"Introducing our brand new Ebook! Read the free sample on your Kindle, smartphone, or computer. Learn how to get a good nights sleep, cure a cold, lower your blood sugar, lose weight, and supercharge your energy and vitality - and do it without harmful and expensive prescription drugs.
- Plant Description
- Morinda citrifolia
- Evergreen tree
- Flowers/Fruit/Seeds:Small white flower produces a pungent, oval fruit containing many seeds. The ripened fruit is pale yellow to offwhite and reaches almost 3 inches in size. The fruit is bitter, but edible, and is eaten as a staple by Pacific Islanders.
- Plant Class:Evergreen tree grows up to 30 feet in hight
- Leaves:large, simple, dark green, shiny and deeply veined leaves.
- Preferred Habitat:Volcanic slopes, sea shores, and forests
- Flowering Season:year-round
- Distribution:India, Pacific Islands with Tahiti being the dominant producers, Costa Rica, Barbados, Puerto Rico
Morinda citrifolia flower
- Mountain Rose Herbs
- American Botanical Council. Etkin N, McMillen H. "The ethnobotany of noni (Morinda citrifolia L., Rubiaceae." HerbalGram
The authors believe that it is illogical for noni to have such a diversity of uses, that scientific research has not corroborated any of these claims, and that much of noni's popularity is due to user testimonials which have built up consumer's confidence.
Desktop Website | Home | Herb Chart |
Copyright © 2008 - 2016 Annie's Remedy * All rights reserved - FDA Disclaimer